Pruning your trees and other woody landscape plants periodically is very important. Pruning can consist of elevation, storm damage removal, dead wooding, structure pruning, and balancing. That’s why following ANSI A300 pruning standards is very important. But if you prune a tree improperly it can cause severe and irreparable damage. This is why it is important to have a Certified Arborist perform you tree pruning.
Topping and tipping trees can:
- Leave large exposed wounds that can become infested
- Ruins tree structure
- Removes too much foliage, disrupting the tree’s energy storage
- Stimulates vigorous new growth, which is prone to breakage
- Increases tree maintenance costs
- Destroys a tree’s appearance and value